Mindfulness for Everyday Life
Focused, thorough, and time-tested!
"Mindfulness is the awareness that arises out of intentionally paying attention in an open, kind, and discerning way." -Shauna Shapiro & Linda Carlson
In more detail, here is a look at what I offer over the course of several sessions. Throughout all the practices and activities, the connective thread remains the same: cultivation of kind, non-judgemental, moment-to-moment awareness.
Formal meditation practices
- mindfulness of breathing/body
- body scan
- mindfulness of thoughts (noting)
- lovingkindness & compassion
- mindful movement: walking meditation & yoga
- open awareness noting (advanced)
- mindful listening and speaking (informal practice)
- mindful eating (informal practice)
A typical set of six sessions includes:
- Identification of difficult emotions/mind states, their causes, and how to work with them in a healthy way.
- Reflection on the previous week (in regard to intentions & goals)
- Coaching around intentions/goals to set for the coming week (e.g. confidence, organization, etc.)
- The role of mindfulness in alleviating strong emotions and debilitating cycles of thinking
- Explicit mindfulness meditation instruction
- Lovingkindness and self-compassion meditation
- Mindful movement/simple yoga
- Maintaining a simple “mindfulness journal” to track progress
- One 60 minute session per week for four weeks (with the option to continue on an as-needs basis)